Provost's Investment Fund
Updated 10:32 a.m. September 11, 2023
The Provost’s Investment Fund (PIF) PIF is designed to ensure that we can be nimble and proactive in funding high-impact projects that align with the University’s strategic goals and support our ambitions for institutional excellence and distinctiveness. We seek proposals that are innovative, aspirational, and have goals that are explicitly aligned with the University's strategic plan and institutional priorities.
To enable close monitoring of the fund spending rate and facilitate project prioritization and evaluation, there are two submission windows (Fall and Spring) for each fiscal year, which are subject to change based on available funding.
|cycle||open for submission||submission deadline||official response|
|Fall 2023||August 21, 2023||October 11, 2023||By December 18, 2023|
Guidelines and Resources
- PIF Fall 2023 Proposal Guidelines
- PIF Fall 2023 Proposal Screen Shots
- PIF Frequently Asked Questions (updated 9/7/2023)
- The Office of the Provost sent a call for proposals to all deans, vice presidents, faculty, and staff. Proposals are submitted to the Office of the Provost online via Arizona Cultivate.
- All full-time UA employees (Faculty and Staff) and department heads/chairs/directors. Requests must be routed and endorsed by the appropriate department heads/chairs/directors, and dean(s) or vice president(s). Units are encouraged to collaborate where appropriate.
- PIF Administrator will review and categorize submitted proposals based on activity and forward them to Advisory Committees for review. The selected Advisory Committees will be comprised of diverse individuals (faculty, staff, and student) with broad expertise.
- The Advisory Committees will evaluate proposals and make funding and prioritization recommendations to the Provost.
Provost's Investment Fund Reports
The Office of the Provost issues reports that describe the number of funding requests received and the number funded for each submission window, the amount expended from the Fund, a description of the projects and programs funded and the amount received by each unit. We ask that each funded project deliver a short final report at the end of its funding period. Multi-year requests are required to submit annual progress reports at the end of each fiscal year.
Please CLICK HERE to submit a report and/or view reports.