Safety Support for Faculty and Staff
Updated 12:00 p.m. November 15, 2023
In case of any emergency requiring police, fire or medical assistance, call or text 911 immediately.
For non-emergency situations, contact UAPD at 520-621-8273 (621-UAPD).
For more safety resources please visit safety.arizona.edu
Threats of Physical Harm to University Faculty or Staff
If a faculty or staff member receives any communication from an individual expressing an intent to cause harm, injury or damage to a person or property, or if they encounter an imminent threat or emergency, please dial 911 immediately.
For non-emergency situations, contact the University of Arizona Police D at 520-621-8273.
The Threat Assessment and Management Team (TAMT) is a multidisciplinary group of faculty and staff that:
- Reviews reports about concerning behaviors.
- Considers various approaches to managing concerning behaviors.
- Provides guidance to students, faculty and staff on how to address and prevent violent and disruptive behaviors.
To report concerning communications (e.g., emails, voicemails, social media posts, etc.), please visit the TAMT website “Report a Concern” on the homepage. Any messages of this nature will undergo a thorough review process to determine their origin, conduct a risk assessment, and implement necessary measures to mitigate potential risks.
In addition, you can install the LiveSafe app on your Apple or Android device for real-time interaction when reporting security and safety concerns. Videos and photos can be sent directly to UAPD through the app.
Learn more about TAMT, what to report, and how the TAMT process works, by visiting http://tamt.arizona.edu/.
If you notice anything suspicious or find yourself in an emergency, dial 911. In a non-emergency situation, contact UAPD at 520-621-8273.
Ensuring the well-being of our community members is a top priority. Please use the following resources as needed.
- All benefits-eligible employees can contact ComPsych Employee Assistance Counseling for information about free and confidential one-on-one counseling available 24/7. ComPsych can be reached at 877-327-2362 (TTY: 800-697-0353).
- The Wildcat Safety Guide is a new resource with helpful phone numbers and websites, wellness resources, safety training and emergency procedures.